Saturday, December 13, 2008

Two surgeries, One week!

Here I sit in a hotel in Page, AZ. Why you ask? You see I am on my way to the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, AZ. I know, I know, I had the second opinion cardiologist that though he knew what was wrong. All I had to do was have a test where they would go in the grown and neck, into the heart, with jumper cable looking things, check the nodes, and put in a pacemaker. So simple right, guess not! I went into the hospital on Monday for this test and while there were in the heart, they could not find significant traces to do an ablation. They also could not find significant arrhythmia to put in a pacemaker.

No worries since I only signed for these to procedures, they “woke me” till the next day when they could put in a permanent heart monitor in my chest. Like me signing this paper while still on sedation, pain killers, and nausea medicine was any different then them just putting in the darn thing and having me sign later?

Needless to say I had two surgeries this week, the first one on Monday, second on Tuesday, and I was home on Wednesday. I did go back to work for Friday though! After that I was told I would have to still go to the Mayo Clinic since they have NO CLUE what is happening. I packed Friday and did all I needed to and said by to Rachie-Po at dinner, since she will be moving before I get back. That is why I am in Page in a hotel to get some rest before the other 6 hour drive to Mesa where I will be staying.

Maybe the Mayo Clinic doctors can put “humpty dumpty” back together again. Can some one please tell me what wall I fell off of so maybe the doctors can find the missing piece?

You all have no worries; I managed to do some really funny things while on all the medications in the hospital. I have some pictures; some are to embarrassing, showing evidence to the most embarrassing thing I have ever done while in that situation.

Here are some great pictures from there so you can see some amazing pictures of me at my “best”. Some are just of the slicing they did to my body.

This is the Loop Recorder that is in my chest, not the exact one, just one equal to it.


Here is the whole in the neck...


Here is the place where they put in the permanent heart monitor...


Colleen and I ... Colleen those pictures on my camera... found them... WOW!!! SORRY!!!


This is me after they put in the permanent heart monitor... icing the chest!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Lol! I thought you might laugh when you saw them! I'm glad that I was able to come and see you! I'll email you my cute picture I got of us too!