Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Day 2 - May be hope?

Day 2 at the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, AZ today was started at 5:30 AM, with my first appointment at 7:00 AM with Dr. Steven S. Krotzer, MD, DTMH, MPH (all that in real people terms, Consultative, Internal, Travel and Geographic Medicine). He has not only worked here, but also out in places like Africa for 5 years. This man actually had great bedside manor and has changed my itinerary again. He has taken out some test and has added in some new ones. He is very thorough and he has caught something no one has linked together, the gastroparesis, heart symptoms, and the over sweating. He stated that it could be Autonomic Neuropathy; please see the link (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/autonomic-neuropathy/DS00544). What does that mean, well I have plenty of tests still and the leaving date is still looking to be the 24th. I will still see Neurology, Cardiology, and Gastroenterology. He did say that the neurologist is just to make sure we do not over look anything at all. He will be testing me for Addison’s disease, but is very confident it is not that. He said if it is that he will be shocked!

I have a new Itinerary to follow and I will say it has changed a bit. I should say it will change again tomorrow when they take the MRI off the list of troubles. This does give me hope, but my hopes are not up since we know what happened last time.

I am very pleased with this place and how nice the people are. It is amazing to see so many people in the same position and just all so nice. It is like I was morphed into the 50’s when people were polite and had manors/respect for one another. Granted there are a lot of old people there and that maybe why. Though I still seem to get the good old “you are so young”, even from people my age.

My old mission companion was going to come tonight, but well car troubles have held her up. I guess I will see her on Saturday instead. Tonight I have decided to go get a massage at the same place I have a membership in Utah. It is cheap this way. Some how I have managed to pinch a nerve…muscle in my shoulder. I am sure this is just from carrying the 2 reams of paper… called my medical records for the last 9 months. Even my doctor was shocked at the medical records and the fact not everything was there.

Tomorrow I have the second part of the stress test done, which includes running. Hello, good thing they have medication to up my heart rate just in case. It is amazing how men thing that when woman have a 2 inch slice above there breast they can still run.

I did go get a massage though and luck had it she was great! She worked the knots out and I never even had to lay on the chest in a painful position. She was a Marine as well, that made it fun to talk to her. The best part was ... how relaxed I was after!

2 comments:

Connie said...

Congrats! sounds like yesterday was a success!

Colleen said...

I'm glad amongst all the testing and stuff you got to relax!!