Sunday, December 21, 2008

Day 7 Sabbeth in Durango Ward

Day 7 the Sabbath in Gilbert, AZ. This morning started out a little ruff, I did not sleep well, and I passed out. No worries, I made it through all of church! It was a first in a long time. I really enjoyed the Durango ward. They are very nice and welcoming and so many love and miss the Shelton family. All of them wanted me to say hello for them and honestly I can not say I remember one name. Today was a day that I was able to relax and just enjoy life, not feeling like I was being held down by this “illness thing”.

After church we all returned to have a nice dinner and Emily and I had some laughs while making some brownies. I can not say enough how grateful I am to have the chance to get to know this family. It has been a huge blessing to me and has allotted me the chance to relax and less stress while getting the medical care I am in need of. I am amazed at how humble they are and willing to help everyone. I thank you again RS for your help in getting me in touch with this family and ward. THANK YOU!!!!

We will watch “Errand of Angels” and other then that, I will just relax, and call friends and family back. Thank you everyone that has kept me in your prayers and helped me so much, supported me, and loved me through these trials over the last 9 months. Today I have pondered this much and can not come up with words on how grateful I am and humbled by all of your love. I have truly learned who my real friends are and how to be a better friend to those around me. I can only hope I can be half the woman many of you are! Thank you for teaching me and being the hope when I could not hold on to any.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I think you already are an awesome friend! Love ya!