Sunday, December 14, 2008

Finished the Drive and in Mesa

Well, I made it from Page to Mesa today in 5 hours! That was great timing considering for 63 miles I was driving on ice or between ice patches. This part of the drive, past the canyon and Flagstaff, was just boring, so I have no pictures really. Between the night of next to no sleep, nightmares, the neck hurting from where they went in, and the left chest hurting from the 2 inch whole they put there, I was not comfortable in this part of the drive and just wanted it to be over with. I can't say it was pain, Heavenly Father answered my prayers there to take the pain away with out pain medication. For that I am very grateful! Plus nothing bad happened on the way here.

Once, I got into town I had to deal with Costco, yes on Sunday, I know how horrible of me. If you read the earlier blogs you will know that the Magilin GPS unit from the road team at work, went out in Kanab and I was on my own from there. No worries I am great at finding things fast (sometimes... this time). Long story short after 45 minutes messing with returning the thing and getting the money on a gift card (i.e. In store credit) I ventured to find another one, which they were fresh out of the one I needed. The next best one was much less in cost and product. So I got the Garmen Nuvi, that was suppose to be the same as the Magi just with bluetooth, and ONLY $149.99 vs. $215.00 the company paid for Magi. I was happy and so was work! Till I went to check out that is, the two guys that helped me sold me on the one that was really $249.99 and told me it was $149.99 and gave me the "card" to check out with. Needless to say I was not happy and I told them it was only the lower price, they went and got the "card" for the lower version that was that price, I was really not happy at this point. Connie you would have been very impressed I was very nice and polite to all three of the check out people. They got the head manager since I told them I still wanted that one since they told me and handed me the "card" and said it was just $149.99. Needless to say the manager knew who it was right away when I told him what happened, these two guys do it all the time, and he honored the $149.99 price for the $249.99 unit. The company just got one nice unit for cheap! Now why did I not get me one at the same time... DANG IT!

I arrived to the Clawson Family home and was warmly greeted. It was great! This family is really nice and sweet! Ann, is the sister to my Bishop's wife. Hope you followed that. We had a very nice dinner and I found what I want for my kitchen table one day so you never have to pass anything! We visited and got to know one another and they are great!

I am settled in and ready for the Mayo Clinic tomorrow. I will have to head out at 7:30 AM to me there by 8:30 AM. Crazy, I know! I just have blood work, labs, x-rays, and an ECG tomorrow though. WOOOO HOOOO!!! This mean I get to done at 3:00 PM and can eat twice in one day! Sad thing is ... that will be the last till next week. All this week I only get one meal a day, good thing I don't have much of an appetite anyway!

Well, since it is getting late, I am off to sleep! Now the "fun" starts... LOL... lets see which doctor can put me back together again?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Thank you everyone for your calls today and all your prayers, it really means a lot to me! I love you all!

No comments: