Monday, December 15, 2008

Poked, Proded, and More Test

Day 1 at the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, AZ was today…
As you can guess I was poked, prodded, and had things stuck to me, today. Day 1 was full of blood work, “other” labs, chest x-rays, and yet another ECG. No worries this time my heart rate was only 54 beats a minute and I had some arrhythmias. This is all normal for me in the last month or two, so it was nothing new. I was suppose to be there till about 3:00 PM today, but with it just being test, if you finish early, most times they will let you do your next test early. I was there at 8:30 AM and was out at just after 11:00 AM. That was BEAUTIFUL!!! Those at the Mayo Clinic were very nice and all happy to help how ever they could. I was impressed and best of all I felt “normal” over all, other than I was the only young girl in the room of at least 100 people.

After that I took time on the drive home to grab a bite to eat at a local pizza café, it was great food! Out the back window by where I was sitting you could see this AMAZING, HUGE, “water fall”.

While there, I was able to take time and just reflect on what is happening and what life is all about. For most of you, you know I do this from time to time, with all that has been happening; I have come to appreciate little things in life once again. Things like a friendly smile, seems to mean even more to me, just hearing a loved ones voice, or taking the time to enjoy what we are blessed to see every day, the Lord’s creations. When I arrived to this small whole in the wall café, I was greeted warmly (on this COLD day in AZ) by the young lady that would be my waitress. There were only 4 table total with people when I arrived, very quickly that changed to every table being full and people waiting. When I say quickly, I mean in the matter of 20 minutes. This young lady had almost every table herself. No matter what she was always asking each table as she walked by if everything was ok and if she could get them something. She always left them with a smile and a friendly voice. I would say I was very impressed, but that would say it lightly. I was not only impressed by her, but touched by the care she showed everyone. Just for one moment I was able to remember how blessed we are to have such a gesture; we use so seldom that can truly touch ones life and make it better. If nothing else just for that one moment in that person’s life, you can make a difference with a smile. She did for me and made me think.

Other then that I came back to the house since it is so cold outside here. Look it really is cold, I am not just saying it, it’s only in the 40’s today. I thought I was at least coming to the warmth…man I was jipped.

Here are some pictures of my new “home” that I get to wake up and go to each morning for the next 10 days. The other 4 are just things I found today on my drive home.

The front of the Mayo Clinic is Scottsdale, AZ


The Cool Water Fountain


No matter where you go there is a Veterans Memorial to be found!





2 comments:

Christy said...

what an adventure you are on!! Thanks for the continuous updates - it is good to know that you are doing good (as good as can be expected anyway!)

I am waiting for that one update that tells us all the the doctor has found it...

Colleen said...

Yes thanks for the updates!! I hope that it is a useful trip! Love ya tons!