Thursday, December 18, 2008

Day 3 - Hardest Day

Day 3 at the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, AZ and at the Mayo Hospital, Phoenix, AZ; this morning I was at the May Clinic location for the second half of the stress test. I LIVED! Yes there were pain but none the less I made it through. That is till I was really light headed and the nurses would not let me walk or pull out my own IV. OK so it was “radio active” but still, I was done and did not want to wait for them. I just wanted sleep and to get on to the next test… oh and eat for the first time in about 18 hours. I only had a 30 minute opening.

I was able to make it to the Fleming’s home early and had time to get to know Gayle. She is a really sweet lady and so grateful I have the chance to stay there. Funny connection, her daughter in law is an old mission friend. Out of all people it was Erin Hanson, from the DR. I was shocked since I have not talked with her in about 3 years and we just lost touch after she was married. Plus her son served under some friends of mine in Hong Kong, the Ong’s.

Gayle took me to the Mayo Hospital where I was poked and prodded for a tilt test! Oh the joys! The two nurses were really nice, like everyone seems to be. The best part was they did not have to put in an arterial line in my wrist. They have this new finger censor that works the same. I love the Mayo and there new technology! You will see this in the pictures below. The bad part was they could not get me to pass out. Ok, so the two that were doing the test did not have anyone all day pass out on them. Bad part is they needed to see this and could not get it to happen. Then again my heart rate did not drop low enough.

The evening ended with making tons of calls, if yours was not returned forgive me, I still love you the same, and I have been crazy busy and getting caught up from day’s old calls. Then I had dinner and went to sleep, more or less. Can I just tell you it is great to have home cooked meals that I do not have to prepare! I LOVE IT!




1 comment:

Colleen said...

I'd say you deserved to have a good home cooked meal and some pampering after all your poking and prodding!!