Sunday, December 21, 2008

Day 6 Enjoying a day off!!!

Day 6 today was spent enjoying the Phoenix, AZ area. I was able to sleep in and relax this morning, get caught up on some work emails, and meet up with Kristal Guison (mission companion in Nashville, TN.). It was great to visit with her for the first time since the mission! Her mother was with her and it was great to see her as well, since I met her on the mission. Guison was here in the Phoenix area passing through to move back to Springville, MO. Best part was that I was so blessed to see her and spend some time with her. We met up in a town called Guadalupe, AZ. Nickname, “little Mexico” and was very fitting. We were able to speak in Spanish again, eat some great food, and buy a piece of jewelry. We watched in the marcado some Spanish dancing, people just enjoying one another’s company, and having fun. We spent about 4 hours together in this town and felt so great to be with people who just loved life and wanted to share with you there culture. I truly enjoyed that time. Below are some photos of our time together.

After Guison got back on the road I headed over to Fleming’s brothers home, to watch the BYU vs. AZ game. Can I just say BYU can now be bumped down to high school level on the playing field? I am not so sure they even brought there team! I thought for sure they would have had that game…but no! The Fleming families have been great and I am so grateful for them opening there home to me and treating me like family. I have enjoyed the time here and will look forward to having them as life long friends.










1 comment:

Colleen said...

I'm glad you got to take the day off and enjoy some fun time! I want to go to "little Mexico" with you!! You probably met some of my cousins! lol