Thursday, December 18, 2008

Day 4 - Laughs and Pictures

Day 4 at the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, AZ today is a day filled with test, meeting another Doctor on the team, and more test. The greatest thing happened though, I was able to eat a breakfast then start fasting for the MRI tonight. I was so excited, you have no clue!

This morning my first test was with Stacy, doing the Pulmonary Test. She was a ball of fire from Indiana. Indiana girls truly are wonderful! LOL! She had me laughing and was nice enough to take picture of the testing. I have to say the pictures are funny!

As for the Endocrine test, it was boring, I just had blood drawn and a shot to see what happens when they cause my adrenal glands to work. It was a test to see if I have Addison’s disease. I was able to sleep for a moment and get rid of the dizziness, light headed, and nausea. No worries they kept the IV in for the MRI, which was taken off and put back on 3 times. After they said I was to have it, I was all changed, and then they said they can not do the test. For the love!

I did meet my Gastroenterologist today, she is really nice. She and this other guy doctor, she consulted with, does not think it is my gastro system. As they put it, it is Cardiology’s job to rule out that it could be Cardio issues. They say that the test over the next few days would have to show something significant for it to be gastro. They will retest me to see where the gastroparesis is and if it is getting better. They say if it is still there that they will have to have me go see a dietitian. Not that I have not controlled this on my own for the last, say several years, but it is there precautionary way to make sure I am doing the right thing. Over all it was a good visit and I will get my results over the phone by Tuesday. I really like how things just flow here.

All in all it was a good day, even with my schedule changing about 4 times today. I have an early day tomorrow and the weekend off, thank goodness since I will have another TEE with sedation tomorrow. Then again that is always subject to change I have found out. The bad news is they are thinking of having me come back after the 25th. I have told them I can’t and that I have to be back in Utah, but we will see what happens.

The Fleming family, which I am staying with, has really been great so far. There son, Bryan will be the one staying with me tomorrow through all of this. He is attending BYU and seems to be a great kid. We have laughed a lot tonight and it has been good to get to know them. One of the highlights of my day was talking with a friend on IM, she had me laughing so hard today, plus she helped me pass the time in a joyful way. Thanks JG!

Here are some pictures from today… enjoy laughing!



2 comments:

KT said...

Those are some HOT pictures. New Profile pictures, no doubt ;) haha

Colleen said...

I'd laugh at you if I saw you in that thing too!! lol :) You know I love ya!