Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Day 9 - Last testing day...so we hope!!!

Day 9 at the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, AZ, today was amazing! I know I was at a clinic all day so how could it ever be so amazing. Well let me tell you. First of the test today were so easy, one was turning in the monitor, and the other was just eating a sick egg sandwich, milk, and radio active stuff.

Second, I was able to talk with some amazing people at the Mayo Clinic, one to be AC. She has to be one of the funniest girls ever met and she reminds me a lot of me when I was her age. She is way past her year in age socially and with maturity, something about her pulled me to her to open up and talk with her. I am glad I did, I may not ever see or talk with her again after tomorrow since it is suppose to be my last day, but she has touched my life forever and I will always look back and wonder how she is doing and what she decided to do in her life. I can only pray she follows her dreams always and never looks back with regret or hid behind her size. She is one amazing woman with many talents from what I have seen in such a short time. She has truly touched my heart.

Third, I am done with testing (at least this is the hope)! If not I will have to be back on Monday, but I will not know that till tomorrow.

Forth, the gastroenterologist called and she feels that it is not gastro that is causing the pain and arrhythmia. She feels that from today’s test she will see better and then went over with me how to better manage the gastroparesis. She is very nice and was helpful in making sure I was taking care of me properly. She supports taking care of this with diet and not pills, she also feels it is more effective and you know when things are happening and can fix it with out a doctor. I was very happy for that. So as of now Gastro is ruled out as the cause. I will know for sure tomorrow when I speak to the Cardiologist and Internal Medicine Doctors.

They prayer is that tomorrow I get the best Christmas present ever, a diagnosis and a treatment plan.

As for what I am up to tonight… well I am blogging now since I just want to spend time with this great family, pack, and be ready for tomorrow.

Here is a picture from today’s food eating…LOL… I know you will all want to go out and eat this now!

2 comments:

Connie said...

UM, just cuz you are home from AZ doesn't mean you get to stop blogging - just saying....

Rhonda said...

I agree with Connie. You left us hanging. What is the rest of your story? What did you find out?

Jared Shelton