Sunday, February 22, 2009

The wonderful trip to California….

Well I left on the 28th of January and came home on the 1st of February. It was a wonderful trip with Connie. I went out there for “work” and was able to have a real vacation with Connie and family. We flew in on Wednesday and just spent the evening with Claire and Eric visiting. Then on Thursday, we drove the 101 down from Oceanside to La Jolla area.

Then we went and took the tour on the USS Midway. This was fun for me because it brought back memories and I was able to share some with Connie. I think the one thing that still makes me laugh from being on the ship was when we took the tour of the “flight tower”. For any one that is afraid of heights, well you may not want to take that tour. At one point as we moved to the upper level we were on a cat walk that was 90 feet above the water. No worries, if you fell, you would have been hurting! The look on Connie’s face when the tour guide said that and she looked down was priceless!!! Good job Connie!!! I have to say it was nice to be on a carrier and see some things I was never able to before.

After the USS Midway, we headed to Coronado Island, where we had a great time on the beach and had dinner at Panera Bread (love that place). It was fun to play in the water again and be on the beach. Though the water was cold, it was still fun. Funny part was when Connie found a “shell” we will call it, me being the pearl dork I am, we took said “shell” home and opened it that night with Papa J’s tools. NO worries they were the car ones and I cleaned them up. Sorry Papa J, I needed them! I then just though, Oh, I will set it out on the table in the back and get it tomorrow when it has time to dry up, then I can keep the shell part all nice and clean. OOOPPPSSSS…. We left for Disneyland, as I forgot about it. Papa J found it, might I say the smell found him. He is a champ and did not kill me for having to clean the ant mess and deal with the smell. He really is the best ever!

DISNEYLAND!!!! That was on Friday, it was Mama Claire, Connie, Vanessa, Sydney, Javeevee, and Me. It was Connie’s first time ever there (she had many first on this trip) and only my second time there. It was fun; just I think one has to take two days there, one for the rides, and one for the shows. Sad part was, we did not get to see the fire works. I have to say though, having a handy pass was the best. Due to the heart and not being able to just stand for long times, I went and got one so I could really enjoy the time there. Needless to say, I think we only waited max 10 minutes for any ride. The one exception was the “galaxy one”. It was all dark and had stars, by far the best ride! You never knew what was coming, so it was worth the full 20 ish minutes we had to wait in line to go on the ride. I have to say, Disneyland may be over rated, but it was fun and I have great memories there. Thanks Connie!

Other than that we did some shopping, maybe I should say Connie did some shopping and I just window shopped. I also worked for a bit on Saturday, since that is why I was there after all. The bad part was, we had a full Bookkeeping Course stolen and we were there longer than planned. All though we did have a great lunch with the best 7 layer chocolate cake ever for dessert, even if it was a 3 hour lunch.

I have to say this trip was amazing, not because all that we were able to do, but because it was true quality time spent with Connie and the family. How truly blessed I am to have them in my life, to learn from, and to have great times with. I could not ask for a better best friend or family who has been through the worst with me this last year. Thank you all for your support and love.

Here are some pictures for you from the trip, I am sure you can figure out what was what.

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Joslyn said...

Hey it was so good to catch up with you via blog. I've been a pretty crappy blogger until recently, but suddenly I have tons of time on my hands (see my bog). I'm so grateful to have time to catch up now. Glad you got to go have some sweet adventures. Woot Woot!